Can you define love?

In a conversation with my partner, I asked him what he thought of love, saying:

“Does love happen when you realize your partner isn’t magical or mysterious but they’re just another person who burps and farts and has anxieties and makes dumb decisions, but you still want to feel the things you feel whenever you’re around them whether they’re really magical or not.”

And he responded with the following:

“I would agree with you, I feel that it is finding someone who is willing to accept you for your mistakes and your accomplishments alike, and you, the same for them. Not out of a sense of obligation or to be nice or kind, but out of the simple fact that your life would be meaningless without them. ” 

San Diego 2013
San Diego 2013

Do you agree? How do you see love?

Let me know in the comments below or shoot me an email at writewelldaily@gmail.com

Write on!

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Can you define love?”

  1. I have always believed that 90 percent of love is the passion and the loyalty contributed by each partner. But it is the other 10 percent — that which two people create together — that make relationships possible and fruitful.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s